Simple Measurement of Complicated Campaigns.
SmartMPM makes marketing measurement easy. If your strategies are focused on integrated marketing communications, your measurement of the campaign performance doesn’t have to be an exercise in futility.
From organic search to displays ads, social media to public relations, and television ads to call centers – SmartMPM measures earned, owned and paid marketing performance with a holistic approach.
The Average Allocation of B2B Marketing Budgets(MarketingSherpa’s 2012 B2B Marketing Benchmark Report)
How it Works
Let’s get technical for a second, because with SmartMPM, you won’t have to.
SmartMPM pulls data from automated links built using API feeds from your favorite marketing channels and standard Google Analytics account. Then it formats, cleans and translates the information into your campaign metrics. All the while, data accuracy is always top of mind for SmartMPM. When automated data links aren’t an option, a simple manual upload of data using pre-formatted templates is the most ‘technical’ you may need to get.
When it comes to the people behind the performance, SmartMPM was built with systems integration expertise gained while working on complex data sets for years. In other words, the analytics software you will get to know below can handle large volumes of data efficiently, for effective filtering and visualizations.
Online ad spend will nearly double by 2016, reaching $62 billion. (eMarketer, Jan 2012) That equates to more time spent in integrating and managing the data.
SmartMPM for Online Paid Media:
- Seamless integration with over 20 major vendors in the industry (and new ones being added regularly) means less time spent viewing isolated reports.
- Significant importance is placed on data quality, accuracy and compression so you can effectively filter and visualize the most meaningful metrics.
- Manual uploading of Excel data files is supported for channels or vendors that don’t provide API feeds.
In 2012, 9% of the B2B marketing budget has been allocated to social media and forecasts predict increasing budgets in the coming years. (MarketingSherpa‘s 2012 B2B Marketing Benchmark Report)
Organizations that excel at social media know how integral it is to a successful marketing strategy. And all successful social media campaigns have one thing in common – they track, measure and analyze their social media data.
SmartMPM for Social Media:
- Understand and optimize your social marketing investments in leading social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- Effortlessly measure the top-of-the-funnel metrics such as followers, fans, impressions, reach and social interactions such as mentions, re-tweets.
- Completely integrate social media analytics into your marketing mix analysis.
One more juicy tidbit: Web visitors from social sites convert at 59% higher rate to sales. (MarketingSherpa‘s 2012 B2B Marketing Benchmark Report)
51% of the B2B marketing budget is allocated to offline advertising such as television, radio, print and direct mail in 2012. (MarketingSherpa‘s 2012 B2B Marketing Benchmark Report). That’s a considerable chunk of money that has to be accounted for. Even though accurately calculating the return on investment from offline advertising is one of the toughest challenges in the marketing world, not including offline data in analysis will be a costly mistake.
SmartMPM for Traditional Media:
- Import the offline marketing data such as reach, frequency, impressions and cost into SmartMPM to include in analysis for a more accurate representation of your integrated campaign.
- Measure traffic to the website from offline advertising via QR codes, vanity URLs, coded URLs and promo codes.
- Correlate the changes in the performance of the online channels with the offline advertising for valuable insights that are based on measurable KPIs or metrics such as visits, conversions and revenue.
(Earned Media Reports Coming Summer 2013)
Searching for media coverage, calculating value and showing worth is still by and large a manual and arduous task. But with a little assistance from SmartMPM, PR Firms will begin to stand for “Performance Reporting”.
SmartMPM for Earned Media:
- Listen, measure and engage in the buzz about your brand.
- Import data from web and social crawling engines based on filters.
- Gauge the sentiment based on keywords.
- Identify influencers and promoters of your brand so you can engage proactively.
- Be alerted when there is negative talk about your brand so you can intervene early.
Crucial components to understanding campaign ROI include the marketing budgets, marketing costs and the realized revenue – alongside the integrated campaign metrics. Typically this financial data is found scattered in multiple systems such as budgeting systems, media vendor accounts, CRM and eCommerce systems. Marketing costs are also separated into media, production and people costs.
When possible, SmartMPM gets the media costs from the digital providers via the API feeds. But SmartMPM also accepts budget and cost data as user inputs. Your various revenue streams are integrated into one comprehensive platform, including eCommerce engines. Integration with enterprise CRM system will arrive in spring 2013.